If my baby's heart rate changes significantly does labor have to be induced?

Maby. If babys heart rate drops called a decelleration it can mean the babys in distress and usually prompts delivering the baby. Often by c section.
Sometimes. Babies heart rates change all the time. Some changes are good, heart rate rises that are called accelerations. Other changes can be bad like temporary drops (decelerations), low or high heart rates. If there are drops in the heart rate or it is staying too high or too low, you might need to be induced or even have a c/s. A normal fetal heart rate is how we can tell the baby is ok.