Can women with MS have babies while on treatment or do they have to stop ?

In brief: Suggestions

Most MS drugs do have potential for fetal malformations, and are thus "teratogenic" risks.
Copaxone seems safest, and Aubagio and Gilenya (fingolimod) may be riskiest. But I would tend to stop any of the MS drugs prior to pregnancy and would NOT restart until after birth, unless breast feeding desired, which would delay restarting med.

In brief: Suggestions

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Ask your Neurologist

There is no proven curative tx for ms.
Whatever is used has to be classified as category a or b in order to be used in pregnancy ask your neurologist or the pharmacist..

In brief: Ask your Neurologist

There is no proven curative tx for ms.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez

In brief: Depends

It depends on what medicine u r on. Check with your neurologist.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Shontae Buffington