How to prevent loss of head hair?

Information. Loss o head hair is usualy a genetic thing. There are some diseases that cause it and certain drugs like with chemotherapy. The genetic variety is not preventable. Such things as Minoxidil and transplant surgery may be of benefit. Treating the underlying diseas and stopping the drugs might also help. But with chemotherapy that is not usually an option.
Variety of calories. Eat enough calories (i.e. Avoid fad/crash diets) with variety of food choices, esp protein (chicken, fish, nuts, beans, eggs, meat), trace minerals like iron, magnesium, zinc and biotin (red meat, green leafy vegetables, shellfish, whole grains like cereal) and vitamins B6 (bananas, potatoes, spinach), B12 (meat, poultry, fish, dairy) and folic acid (citrus fruit, tomatoes, lentil/black beans.)
Hair . Typically loss if head hair is genetically determined. At times there may be a skin condition responsible , such a certain medications, thyroid disease, chemotherapy, etc. See a dermatologist to evaluate and treat the hair loss.