I walked with an odd limp for four years before my right hipsurgery. Its been 8 months post surgery and i walk fine now.But I have pain in the ball of my left foot, going up to mysecond toe. What is the pain from?

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: Ball of foot pain

Pain at the ball of the foot could be from many things.
One thing that could cause extra pressure there is tight heel cord post-surgery bed rest. Out heel cords need to be stretched and tight cords can lead to many problems in the foot. Other possible ball pain etiologies are inflammation, ligament tear, neuroma, or stress fracture, etc. See your podiatrist for a better evaluation.

In brief: Ball of foot pain

In brief: Pain

After surgery is very normal to limp or splint onto the opposite side.
You had right hip surgery and may be unconsciously splinting onto the left. See your podiatrist for an exam.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Victor Bonuel

In brief: Perhaps there is

More pressure exerted on nerve or fascia on the ball of your left foot due to limping causing the pain.
Best wishes:).

In brief: Perhaps there is

Best wishes:).
Dr. Neil Horsley
Could be early symptoms of a Naroma have that checked by your podiatrist.
Dr. William Forsythe