I have diagnosed with nodular scabies I cannot get rid of it from my scalp (have had preexistis psoriasis in scalp) despite 4 rounds of oral ivermecti?

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: SCABIES SCALP

Scabies almost never affects the scalp! get a better diagnosis, preferably from a dermatologist.
The chances are that what you have is psoriasis that is crusted over.

In brief: SCABIES SCALP

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Frank Pinto
Agree. Even if you had scabies Ivermectin would have probably taken care of it. Could be a hair follicle infection (folliculitis) or something called prurigo nodularis (aka "picker's nodules") See a dermatologist. You may need a scalp biopsy to sort things out.
David Miller

In brief: Oral plus topical

For encrusted scabies, you need to use oral Ivermectin along with topical permethrin.
In addition, you must wash all of your clothes and bedding every day in hot water to kill the mites in the cloth. Scabies is tricky to treat sometimes but with time, a bit of care and patience it can be done, .

In brief: Oral plus topical

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
David Miller
The other thing to consider is making sure you get the permethrin well-applied and leaving it on for the full 12 hours (or as directed) to ensure that you get a good kill on the little buggers. Contact time is important in this case.