I think antidepressants are causing depression to me. Is it possible? I take Paxil (paroxetine) and clonazepam, and I guess only the last one helped me...

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Clonazepam, etc

Sometimes it can take more than one try with antidepressants to find one that works for you.
That's why to see a psychiatrist who can select and also augment medicines as needed so you get results. Usually they need at least 4-6 weeks to show their effects. Clonazepam is a sedating medicine that can also be depressant. Please keep working with your psychiatrist to find an effective regimen.

In brief: Clonazepam, etc

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
There is also the notion of tardive dysphoria, where long-term use of antidepressants can lead to chronic depression. Psychiatrists at University of Louisville and elsewhere are studying this. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21459521
Dr. Chris Tonozzi

In brief: Perhaps

Antidepressants can cause depression to worsen, especially early in the treatment.
It's important to talk to your provider about this.

In brief: Perhaps

Dr. Chris Tonozzi
Dr. Chris Tonozzi
Dr. Eric Weisman