I'm type 2 diabetic and take glucopahge, what should my sugar level be in am before breakfast?

Dr. Aaron Segal

In brief: Not more than 100-13

A fasting blood-sugar level in the morning should be somewhere between 60 and 99 for a non-diabetic, but for diabetics, we typically try to keep morning blood sugars below 100-130.
There is some margin here, so check with your doctor. Also, if glucophage (metformin) is the only diabetes medicine you take, you should make sure your doctor really wants you to check your glucose levels so often.

In brief: Not more than 100-13

Dr. Aaron Segal
Dr. Aaron Segal
Dr. Hanriet Minasian

In brief: Less than 100

Ideal blood sugars are less than 100 mg/dl fasting (before breakfast) and less than 140mg/dl 2 hours after you eat.

In brief: Less than 100

Dr. Hanriet Minasian
Dr. Hanriet Minasian
Dr. Peter Kurzweil