Why don't nurses know about trigeminal neuralgia.I had a septoplasty to see if it would relieve it.Not one nurse knew what it was, ?

Dr. Denis Winder
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Information

Trigeminal neuralgia is not all that common.
It is entirely possible the a nurse may not have heard about it. However, if the hurse has been associated with a neurologist, or neurosurgeon, then for sure she would know about it.

In brief: Information

Dr. Denis Winder
Dr. Denis Winder
Dr. Clemens Schirmer
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Trigeminal neuralgia

The context of your question is unfortunately not completely clear but i will give it my best - trigeminal neuralgia (tn) is usually diagnosed and treated by physicians and a lot of time requires a specialist.
Tn stems from signals in the 5th cranial nerve which usually will be interpreted by your brain as pain arising from different areas of your face. Septoplasty will usually not address this.

In brief: Trigeminal neuralgia

Dr. Clemens Schirmer
Dr. Clemens Schirmer
Dr. Shontae Buffington