I want a cream for dog bites scars?

Dr. M Felix Freshwater
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Don't waste your $$$

The only cream worth buying is sunblock to protect the scar from becoming too dark while it is maturing.
It is mature when it no longer is even slightly pink. Don't waste a lot of money. There is no good scientific proof that any cream will make the scars heal better or faster. Millions are spent on advertising various creams, lotions, notions and potions so buyer beware.

In brief: Don't waste your $$$

Dr. M Felix Freshwater
Dr. M Felix Freshwater
Dr. Thomas Fiala
You might try some silicone-based scar products, like Kelocoat or Biodermis.
Dr. Kenneth Lee
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends how you use

Wound care and wound management is the key to optimizing your scar. Understanding the normal phases of wound healing helps.
For example, scar massage (with any cream) improves the appearance over time, keeping wounds out of the sun (sun block) will help prevent darkening of the scar. Silicone strips can help. If the scars have healed poorly- revision with surgery is indicated.

In brief: Depends how you use

Dr. Kenneth Lee
Dr. Kenneth Lee

In brief: Heal scar first

You have dog bite scars.
First make sure these scars are well healed. No signs of infection. I encourage patients to wait a least 1year before any revision. Use a strong sin block on the area to minimize sun damage to the scar. Over time the scar should minimize. If it is growing larger see a board certified plastic surgeon.

In brief: Heal scar first

You have dog bite scars.
Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery