If I don't eat peanuts, does that increase the child's chances of being allergic to peanuts?

Dr. HENRY LEGERE
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Not studied
If you eat peanuts during pregnancy or breast feeding it doesn't seem to increase risk.
Aap committee on nutrition. Effects of early nutritional interventions on the development of atopy in infants and children: the role of maternal dietary restriction, breastfeeding, timing of introduction of complementary foods, and hydrolyzed formulas. Pediatrics, volume 121, number 1, january 2008.

In brief: Not studied
Dr. HENRY LEGERE
Dr. HENRY LEGERE
Dr. Danica Schulte
I agree with Dr Legere. There is conflicting data regarding breast feeding, pregnancy and resulting allergies in the baby.
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
In brief: No
No.

In brief: No
No.
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Cindy Juster