I have severe pain at l 4 5 what can I do?

Dr. Mehul Desai
Pain Management

In brief: L4-5 pain

Low back pain of spinal origin can be very painful.
An expert opinion may help you determine if the disc or facet joints are causing the pain. Also fractures and other more severe problems can be ruled out. Treating it would initially include anti-inflammatories, possibly muscle relaxants and early mobilization. Pt should he considered and injections such as epidurals may e recommended, .

In brief: L4-5 pain

Dr. Mehul Desai
Dr. Mehul Desai
Dr. James Eitner

In brief: Low Bak Pain

Initially for low back pain, i would start with ice and NSAID (ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin).
If the cause is unknown or not associated with any activity, it is radiating out from the back or there is numbness, or the pain continues for more than a couple of days, worsens, or does not improve; you need to see your doctor.

In brief: Low Bak Pain

Dr. James Eitner
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine