Whenever I lift for a few minutes or more, I get stomach pain?

Dr. John Edmison
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Musculoskeletal

Sounds like an abdominal wall muscle strain.
An abdominal wall hernia is also possible. Recommend you hold off on the weight lifting until you see your doctor for a physical exam.

In brief: Musculoskeletal

Dr. John Edmison
Dr. John Edmison
Dr. David Hicks

In brief: Strain

If you are lifting and increasing abdominal pressure and the pain is as you are doing the lift the likely possibility is a ventral hernia or rectus diathisis which is a buldging of the midkline of the abdomin hernias such as hiatal hernias are effected as well if this is happening every time suggest you have a physican evaluate.

In brief: Strain

Dr. David Hicks
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine