Should I worry about being 5 days late for my period?

Dr. Willa Terry

In brief: It depends

It depends on your typical menstrual cycle, and whether or not you have been ill or under stress - but if you have been sexually active, a missing period can indicate pregnancy.
There are tests available otc that can determine early pregnancy.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Willa Terry
Dr. Willa Terry
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Possible pregnancy

This depends on a few things.
Being 5 days late could mean you are pregnant. Take a pregnancy test or call your doctor if you are unsure. If you see a pediatrician, call the office if you are unsure what to do. Tell them who you are, and you have a question about your period. Ask to speak to a doctor or a nurse. They are not allowed to share your health information.

In brief: Possible pregnancy

This depends on a few things.
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham