I am taking elavil, nuvigil, remeron, and Xanax (alprazolam) for anxiety/depression/chronic daily fatigue. The first 3 have me in a fog. Will weaning off help me?

Dr. Kenneth Adler

Weaning off medication may help.
Nuvigil is not usually sedating or causing "fog", the three other medications could. Discuss adjusting medication with treating physician, it is not safe to abruptly stop all of these medications.

Weaning off medication may help.
Dr. William Gaya
Neurology

In brief: Pharmacology

Of the three medications Elavil (amitriptyline) the most likely to give you a "fog" sensation and Nuvigil is the least likely.
Consult with your physician before making any adjustments on your medications. Hope you feel better soon.

In brief: Pharmacology

Dr. Peter Kurzweil