What is the latest breakthrough for a-fib?

Dr. John Garner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Rotors
The answer already given is correct; there are several new drugs to treat the stroke risk.
There is also a new ablation strategy just about to be deployed known as rotor ablation. It targets a different aspect of the process that keeps atrial fibrillation going. This is an approach entirely unlike that we've used for the last 10 years. Stay tuned!

In brief: Rotors
Dr. John Garner
Dr. John Garner
Dr. Gregory Hines
In brief: Pradaxa
I assume you mean pradaxa, which is a new anticoagulant medication, that is given to prevent strokes from atrial fibrillation.
It does not require the constant monitoring of coumadin, (warfarin) and is thus less intrusive to the patient, but is also more expensive at this time. That should improve in time.

In brief: Pradaxa
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines