Should I get ablation for my atrial fibrillation and is the robot the right way to go?

Dr. Jason Rubenstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: It depends

The robot for atrial fibrillation will probably not improve the outcomes of the ablation.
It may make the procedure slightly faster, or perhaps less xray use - but the outcomes are about the same as the non-robot ablation.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Jason Rubenstein
Dr. Jason Rubenstein
Dr. Ryan Cooley
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Depends

The most common reason to pursue af ablation is ineffective or poorly tolerated medical treatment.
I don't think it matters whether it is done robotically or not. What is most important is the expertise of the physicians and ablation center.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Ryan Cooley
Dr. Ryan Cooley
Dr. Andrew Kaplan
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Possibly

Ablation is useful for those who are symptomatic despite a trial of medication.
Robotic ablation may help reduce radiation exposure and achieve better ablation results if done by an experienced operator.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Andrew Kaplan
Dr. Andrew Kaplan
Dr. Mandakini Patel

In brief: Abation therapy

That is the trend these days, but your cardiologist is the best one to answer this.

In brief: Abation therapy

Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine