What are my options for sciatica after an epidural did no work. I have tried physical therapy, accupuncture.?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: May Want to Repeat
There is a synergistic effect with injections in which you may receive more relief when 2 or more injections are used together. If you are not improving even after the 2nd injection, I would consider other options like radio frequency ablation or even stem cell therapy has shown good results. Otherwise it may be a trip to the surgeon to discuss your options.

In brief: May Want to Repeat
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Perhaps surgery
If the sciatica is caused by a herniated disk (slipped or ruptured disk), surgery to remove the ruptured portion (diskectomy) has a high success rate.
If the location and level of the herniation fits the location of your symptoms, surgery has a high success rate.

In brief: Perhaps surgery
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
In brief: Underlying problem?
I agree with dr. Bolesta.
If you do have a herniated disc the acupuncture can reduce inflammation and pain of surrounding tissues but will not fix the underlying condition.

In brief: Underlying problem?
I agree with dr. Bolesta.
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Try another suspect
Surgery if the pain genertator is well identified if the shot didnt work we dontt know what hurts yet.

In brief: Try another suspect
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston