Does paraxitine cause infertility. I have no children but using paraxitine for the treatment of premature ejaculation?

Dr. Adam Tripp

In brief: No

No, paroxetine does not cause infertility, nor do any of the ssris like prozac, zoloft, celexa, or lexapro (escitalopram).

In brief: No

Dr. Adam Tripp
Dr. Adam Tripp

In brief: Maybe

Ssris can sometimes decrease sperm count.
One of my patients was once told by a fertity specialist to get off citalopram (another ssri) because it could have been the reason he and his wife were not successful in producing a pregnancy. If you are only using it for premature ejaculation and wish to have children, you might want to try stopping it, but be careful because of discontinuation symptoms.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Robert Berkowitz
Dr. Robert Berkowitz
Dr. Adam Levy