What does a general health panel tell ?

Pathology

In brief: Not a spefic test

There is no agreement about a "general health panel".
The closest panel recognized by cms may be comprehensive metabolic profile, a panel of 14 tests. This panel looks for disorders of electrolytes, glucose, kidney and liver.

In brief: Not a spefic test

Dr. Kevin Daus

In brief: General Health

I would think you are talking about the blood work obtained when you get a physical.
Is lets the doctor know if the body is functioning correctly, if you are anemic or have problems with your blood count, and it might include your lipids and sometimes a test for your thyroid. You sugar will be tested and that checks for diabetes. The liver and kidneys are also checked.

In brief: General Health

Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus