I have extreme soreness and tenderness to the touch on my left side, near and under my left breast. There is no rash or noticable irritation on the s?

Possibly shingles. If there is no bruise there, it could be shingles, which often begins with pain (the rash comes later). It could also be a bacterial infection, but that is less likely if there is no noticeable redness or "firming" of the skin in that area. See your doctor asap, because if it is shingles, the sooner you start treatment, the better the result.
A few possibilities. The first question is if there was any trauma to the area as that can cause soreness and tenderness. Other possibilities include shingles (herpes zoster) either before the rash or without rash and possibly a intercostal neuritis, inflammation of nerves that run between ribs. Please see your doctor for a more definitive diagnosis and treatment.