Is it possible the canola oil can cause inflammation of the gums and or allergic reaction in the mouth?

Dr. Ross Rubino
Dentistry
In brief: Unlikely
In theory anything we eat or drink could cause gum inflammation due to an allergic response, but not likely.
I have not heard anything specific about canola oil and would bet that your gum inflammation has more to do with your daily oral hygiene and how long it's been since you had a professional cleaning.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Ross Rubino
Dr. Ross Rubino
Dr. Bruce Weisbrot
you need to get an evaluation from a dentist.
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry
In brief: Anything is possible
I have never heard of a canola oil allergy, but since it is a natural substance an allergy is very possible? The gum inflammation is a possible side effect of being allergic.
Best advice...Use another oil to cook with or use in your recipes.

In brief: Anything is possible
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Kamlesh Desai
Yes.

Yes.
Dr. Kamlesh Desai
Dr. Kamlesh Desai
Dr. Peter Kurzweil