How should I prepare for a 4 day hike to machu picchu, do I need any shots?

Dr. Joseph Rosin
In brief: Best source
Check the cdc website for health information specific to regions you are visiting.
You are going to a high altitude and the methods to prevent high altitude mountain sickeness are not unique to machu piccu. So if you need immunizations, etc. Check cdc.Gov. Treatment and prevention of hams, is something to talk to your doctor about, or you are in do it yourself mode.

In brief: Best source
Dr. Joseph Rosin
Dr. Joseph Rosin
2 comments
Dr. Joseph Rosin
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thanks for the link, Dr. Rosin. @DrPam
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Stairs
Walking up flights of stairs is good preparation.
Also, walking on an inclined treadmill. You can check the governments cdc travel website for any shots required.

In brief: Stairs
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Shontae Buffington