I have trigger finger of the middle finger of my right hand. this is my dominant hand. Is physical therapy a worthy treatment option & if yes, how?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Sometimes

Hand therapy can sometimes be helpful although personally I have found that a cortisone shot works better and faster. Sometimes when these keep coming back they need to be operated on.
Trigger fingers are caused by thickened nodules in tendons that flex the fingers. The nodule gets caught under a structure in the hand called a pulley and this is what cause the triggering.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Claude Parola

In brief: May be

But most of the times a steroid injection may be needed to alleviate trigger finger symptoms.

In brief: May be

Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine