How long after tonsolectomy should I wait to go snowboarding cus im post op day 9 and i want to go cus my bday is on the tenth of may.

Dr. Ronda Alexander
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Recommend against

As a surgeon who does tonsillectomy, i would not recommend strenuous activity so soon after a surgery.
Of course, this will depend on the nature of and indications for your surgery. Talk to your surgeon prior to heading out & get her/his suggestion. You are still possibly in the risky period for bleeding complications and doing a lot of mouth breathing during exertion can increase your risk.

In brief: Recommend against

Dr. Howard Greller
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Happy birthday!

As long as you can eat and drink, aren't experiencing any difficulty breathing, you should be okay to shred.
Have fun and make sure to wear a helmet. .

In brief: Happy birthday!

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine