Can appendicitis be chronic?

Exceptionally rare. 99.9% of the time, inflammation of the appendix will lead to rupture within 2-4 days if left untreated. "chronic" appendicitis represents the very rare patient whose appendicitis resolves without treatment, only to recur at a later time. Nevertheless, if i were to evaluate someone with chronic abdominal pain, this would be very low on my "differential diagnosis".
Yes. It can especially if you are middle aged or older. What has happened is you have had small repeated infections, and now have a chronic condition. It isn't the most common presentation, but can happen.
No. Appendicitis is not chronic. It is possible to have chronic irritation to the appendix, but it is not a chronic infection. If infected, the appendix is removed. However, even after an appendectomy, it is possible to get appendicitis again. Usually a little stump of the appendix is left and this can, rarely, get infected again.