I've had pain in my left shoulder/upper back for 3 weeks. Also, pain in my left upper arm, with some tingling/numbness. Massage helped some. Ideas?

Dr. Cynthia Point
In brief: Could be your neck
Have your doctor check you for neck problems which can press on the nerves going to the shoulder and arm. It could also be coming from a muscle spasm in he upper shoulder.

In brief: Could be your neck
Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Hanriet Minasian
In brief: Massage and therapy
Try massage and physical therapy for muscle relaxation.
Sometimes an anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant can also be of some benefit. If no relief, you may want to consider an MRI of the c spine and left shoulder. Tingling may be due to some nerve impingement from the muscle spasms.

In brief: Massage and therapy
Dr. Hanriet Minasian
Dr. Hanriet Minasian
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
In brief: Brachial plexus
Need a full exam including an EMG to check your brachial plexus.

In brief: Brachial plexus
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland