Woke up with outside corner of left eye feeling very sore and a little swollen. There is no redness at all. Had no injury at all. What could this be?

Dr. Ingeborg Dziedzic
Ophthalmology

In brief: Chalazion

This is caused by a blocked excretory duct in a gland, but this gland does not know its duct is blocked so it continues to produce its secretions causing pain and a lump on the lid.
Use warm moist compresses 10 min 4 x day.

In brief: Chalazion

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Infection or allergy

It may be an infection either a bacterial or viral connjunctivitis or it may be caused by allergy to a mosquito bite while you we're asleep.
I will suggest you get it checked by your family doctor or opthalmologist for proper treatment.

In brief: Infection or allergy

Dr. Keegan Duchicela