Does probotic acidophlius get rid of yeast infections? If so how long does it take ?

Dr. Edward Junn
Emergency Medicine
In brief: No
It may help to some degree.
Your aim should be at trying to remove the environment that promote yeast infection. For example, if you are diabetic, you need to control your blood sugar. If you have been on antibiotics, this can promote yeast infection. You need to stop the antibiotics. I would recommend that you talk to your provider to discuss this further.

In brief: No
It may help to some degree.
Dr. Edward Junn
Dr. Edward Junn
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Yeast
It may not work in completely resolving a yeast infection.
I am not quite sure how long it should take, but would say that if the yeast persists for a week or two, you should see a physician for an anti fungal medication.

In brief: Yeast
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
In brief: No
But once the problem is corrected, like post antibiotic or diabetes, this could come after appropriate treatment.

In brief: No
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Vicken Poochikian