39w 1dy pregnant today and had bad lower back pain and lite menstrual like cramps? Does this mean i'm in early labor or dilating? Or both?Thanks!

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Could be please call

Your OB at this stage all ? S any time of the day or night should be asked to your OB 1st ! if u were my pt woulld have u come to office or labor room for a check to see if cx is dllated and if u are in earl;y labor and to make sure fetal ht rate is ok, my advice to u the ideal time to deliver is 39-40 weeks so if everythjing is ok and u are not in labor ask your OB when u can be induced.

In brief: Could be please call

Dr. Vikram Patel