I have an arachnoid cyst and a chiari 1 malformation. How will a neurosurgeon know which one is causing my tinitus, dizziness, and nausea?

Cyst Location. Unless the arachnoid cyst is in the area called your posterior fossa, the back of your skull area, the dizziness would more likely be related to a chiari. The tinnitus should be assessed by ENT with hearing test. The nausea if it is exertional may be a sign of vertigo or due to the chiari if associated with a headache. I agree you need some workup to tease things out.
Working diagnosis. It depends on the location of the cyst, the extent of the chiari malformation on mri, what other symptoms you might have (difficulty swallowing, arm/legs symptoms, reflex changes). You might need an evaluation by an ear-nose-throat surgeon to see if there is a problem with the hearing and balance nerves. It becomes about choosing the most likely explanation after all the info are available.