Are there benefits to taking apple cider vinegar everyday? If so what are they and the dosage?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Many benefits

Apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular folk remedies, in fact entire books have been written about it.
It's many uses include treating heartburn, many infections (like sinus, ear & yeast infections), acne & other skin conditions.It may help treat diabetes, hypertension & high cholesterol.Research is limited but does support many uses.It is safe and inexpensive.See comments for more info:.

In brief: Many benefits

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
2 comments
Dr. Randy Baker
While more research would be welcome, apple cider vinegar is a very inexpensive product that can not be patented. Research studies are very expensive and there is no one to fund such research. The fact that research does not prove something does not mean it is not true! See http://altmedicine.about.com/od/applecidervinegardiet/a/applecidervineg.htm for a summary of the available research. The website earthclinic.com is an interesting site where people report which home remedies have and have not worked for them. Apple cider vinegar is by far the most popular remedy on the site, with many people reporting in length on how it has helped with many conditions. See http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html As mentioned, while proven beneficial for some things, many of its common uses remain unproven. In assessing whether to try an unproven remedy I assess risks, potential benefits and expense. Apple cider vinegar is very inexpensive and very safe.
Once again, I'm glad Dr. Baker was able to share what he knows. I would have done better in my original answer to emphasize this classic product -- unlike some other "supplements" -- is quite safe. If there is a physician like Dr. Baker in your community who has an exhaustive knowledge of supplements like this one, please try to get a consultation.
Pathology

In brief: Dubious remedy

If you believed the claims made for this ancient stuff, you would be reading uncritically.
Scientific medicine has much more to offer; if you choose to supplement, get with somebody who really knows evidence-based holistic practice.

In brief: Dubious remedy

Dr. Steven Seres