A week before i had any swelling from peroneal tendonitis i had nerve pain from my ankle up into my calf. Does this make any sense?

In brief: Injury?

Was any injury involved with the pain prior to the tendonitis? The best treatment course is rice rest, ice, compression and elevation and you might need a nsaid.

In brief: Injury?

Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. William Gaya
Neurology

In brief: Pain

It is hard to connect the two problems.
However, your physician is on a better position to make an accurate diagnosis and successful treatment. Unilateral leg swelling preceded by calf pain may alert physicians of a possible small clot in the calf veins (deep venous thrombosis). This is a potentially dangerous condition. Please discuss this with your physician urgently. Hope you feel better soon.

In brief: Pain

It is hard to connect the two problems.
Dr. William Gaya
Dr. William Gaya