If I have endometriosis, fibroids, and uterine prolapse is there any possibility that i could have children again? Is the only treatment hysterectomy?

Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology

In brief: Depends.

Most women can still have children with fibroids or endometriosis.
Their are times when a woman cannot get pregnant or may have trouble carrying a pregnancy because of these problems. Their is nothing wrong with getting a second opinion. Prolapse can be treated when you are finished having kids. In severe cases it could be treated before having another child. You would need to see a specialist.

In brief: Depends.

Dr. J. Kyle Mathews
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

I would not recommend a hysterectomy at your age.
Endometriosis and fibroids can be treated with medication and / or surgery. I would suggest you see a reproductive endocrinologist for evaluation and treatment. J. Kyle mathews, md.

Dr. Brendan Carroll

In brief: Yes and no

It is possible that you could have more children.
As far as the fibroid goes, it depends on the size and location of the fibroid(s). Endometriosis definitely can affect fertility. There are ways of treating both the fibroid and the endometriosis medically, surgically or using both in order to optimize your chances. Prolapse may affect how you carry but not your ability to get pregnant.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Shontae Buffington