My mother, grandmother, and both my aunts have lupus...I have some symptoms like the rash I get on my face sometimes and other things..Coukd I have it?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Possibly
You can find out easily by doing certain specific blood tests and talking to a rheumatologist.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Need more info
We know that immune response genes can be inherited.
We can even see identical twins that have lupus - but each had different manifestations. Other can be discordant - one has and one does not have lupus. It is important to point out that this shows that environmental factors can influence whether lupus occurs, how it occurs and what we see.

In brief: Need more info
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman