Can you get lung cancer from smoking tobacco / nicotine free herbal cigarettes?

Yes. Smoke is an irritant to the lining of the lungs, causing the body to react and "defend" against the irritation and try to remove the smoke particles. Some smoke compounds are known to cause cells to become cancerous.
Yes. While the majority of research is on inhaled tobacco and to a far lesser degree marijuana, what we have learned is that in general, inhaling any products of combustion may be associated with pathologic changes and development of malignancy.
Yes. You can get lung cancer from smoking anything. Tobacco, marijuana, herbs, etc. Inhaling the ash and smoke contains potent carcinogens that increase your risk. Stop smoking to improve your health!