I suffer form bronchial asthma, is it ok if my doctor gives me carboprost if I start post-partum bleeding?

Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Probably not
There are many ways to stop post partum bleeding, so avoiding anything that might cause brochospasm (the airway muscles contracting so you can't breath) is wise.
That said, if it was that or a hysterectomy it is worth trying, as the bronchospasm is likely not to occur and is treatable.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. Craig Keathley
In brief: Should be avoided
Generally, Hemabate (carboprost) should be avoided in a patient with asthma as it can precipitate bronchospasm.
Fortunately, there are other emergency measures that can be utilized for management of acute post partum hemorrhage that are more appropriate as first line treatment in a patient with asthma.

In brief: Should be avoided
Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Shontae Buffington