Should I increase my calcium intake to help strengthen my baby's bones?

Dr. Sheila Goodman
In brief: Calcium is important
As a pregnant woman, you should get 1500 mg of calcium daily in 3 separated doses.
This is more for you than for your baby since the baby will take whatever it needs from your system if you don't have enough. You should also make sure that you have enough vitamin d. The only sources are sun and pills. If you live in the midwest or are a woman of color you need about 1-2, 000 units daily.

In brief: Calcium is important
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
But bear in mind that there is an upper limit to the beneficial amount and more than your provider recommends is not necessarily better.

Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Dr. Cindy Juster