How can I reduce vaginal wetness during intercourse? Apparently this makes my man go soft. Am I the problem?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Vaginal wetness lube

This is an interesting problem reported by a few of my patients for which there are few options.
On the more radical side, I have heard of gynecologists performing cervical surgery to reduce the secretions. There are no widely available vaginal drying agents although a various agents have been used off label. In some instances vaginoplasty has been used to reduce the caliber & increase friction.

In brief: Vaginal wetness lube

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. James Carter

In brief: It should not

That is normal and is a sign that you are aroused and normal for you; possibly he should take more time with heavy petting and stimulating you in areas that you would like and that he would like.
Normally lubrication is a good thing.

In brief: It should not

Normally lubrication is a good thing.
Dr. James Carter
Dr. James Carter
Dr. David Finke

In brief: I agree

And i wouldn't recommend trying to reduce the natural lubrication that is supposed to occur during foreplay and intercourse.
If the wetness is more watery, you should be evaluated by a urogynecologist or urologist.

In brief: I agree

Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke

In brief: Man losing erection

It sounds like your partner is having difficulty maintaining his erection.
There can be a variety of causes for this and he should have a medical evaluation.

In brief: Man losing erection

Dr. Richard David
Dr. Richard David
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham