My mom's house was tested for radon. Avg. Was 4.6 pico curies over 3 days. She lived there 1 year. Could this have caused brain damage/dementia?

In brief: PROBABLY NOT

Big issue with radon is risk of lung cancer, and other pulmonary issues, and, to my knowledge no link to dementia or alzheimers.

In brief: PROBABLY NOT

Pathology

In brief: No

Please forgive my frankness.
I followed the radon hoopla from the beginning and recognized it at once as junk science and a money-maker. This is essentially nothing to what uranium miners inhaled, and it merely increased their lung cancer risk from smoking. I'm sorry about Mom, but this isn't the cause.

In brief: No

Please forgive my frankness.
Dr. Jane Van Dis