I have high triglycerides, normal cholesterol , but high iron levels in my blood. Any idea what this means?

Dr. Daniel Zanger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Blood results

The two values are probably unrelated depending on your iron level you may need to be evaluated for an iron overload condition.

In brief: Blood results

Dr. Daniel Zanger
Dr. Daniel Zanger
Pathology

In brief: Serum iron, right?

I'm going to assume that somebody isn't calling your hemoglobin or hematocrit your "iron".
A high serum iron can reflect popping a vitamin-and-mineral tablet before the blood draw, a serious case of hemochromatosis, or a variety of other entities. Your physician will sort these out. If it's hemochromatosis, you have the easiest-to-manage of all the serious diseases.

In brief: Serum iron, right?

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology