Will my 3mm kidney stone move faster since its in the upper right pole instead of lower? I have a UTI too. How long do you think it'll take to pass?

Dr. Robert Gould
Radiology

In brief: Not necessarily

The location of the stone with in the kidney in terms of whether it is in the substance of the kidney or the renal collecting system is more important than whether it is in the upper or lower pole.
It is very hard to say when if ever it will pass.. Uti may not be related to a 3 mm stone. I would consult a urologist for more of your questions. I can't say that your UTI is treated with antibiotics it may resolve hundred percent and for good.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Robert Gould
Dr. Robert Gould
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine