I've read stories about the lack of digestive enzyme affecting skin. I take a medicine lowering stomach acid and got dermatitis. Please comment.?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Less likely
You are probably taking a medication in the ppi group (proton pump inhibitors) such as prilosec, Prevacid etc.
Or an h2-blocker such as zantac, (ranitidine) pepcid, and the like. Yes, they lower stomach acid production, but that has not been directly linked to any skin problems per se. You may be "allergic" to them and having skin reaction, which is a far more likely possibility.

In brief: Less likely
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc