I am 60/male. I felt a pain on the left side of my right leg near my knee. It made it difficult to walk. It went away but returned & went away. Cause?

Dr. Beatrice Onygadoor
In brief: Knee pain
I will need more information such as whether rest made it go away, whether excercise made it worse, recent or remote history of trauma, relationship of pain to climbing steps or descent, associated locking, how close the pain is to the back of the knee.
If you can provide more information, it will be easier to help you.

In brief: Knee pain
Dr. Beatrice Onygadoor
Dr. Beatrice Onygadoor
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Pop in knee
There are a variety of explanations but this is most likely related to cartilage or tendons.
Although a physical examination may determine the cause, an MRI will likely establish the diagnosis. Splinting with supervised therapy may be an option or surgery (arthroscopic or open) may be indicated.

In brief: Pop in knee
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Cindy Juster