How can you tell if your 6 yr old has adhd?  is there a pre-screening test?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: ADHD
Hi, there is quite a lot of information on the web about adhd.
I'm also positive if you have concerns you should meet with your pediatrician or family doctor. An evaluation from your child's school is helpful, the teachers, counselor, and perhaps nurse. Most likely, a formal evaluation by child psychologist or psychiatrist would be recommended. Remember, you know your child better than anyone.

In brief: ADHD
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Diagnosis of adhd can be suggestive with tools such as the vanderbilt screen and the connor's screening evaluation.
It is a clinical diagnosis and heavily reliant on parent, teacher, cargiver, and physician observation and history. There are specific criteria that have to be met in the dsm-iv manuel of psych disease.

Dr. Shontae Buffington
Dr. Shontae Buffington
Dr. Jonathan Jassey