Is there any way to improve the joint pain of fibromyalgia without medication during pregnancy?

Dr. I. Jon Russell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Hydrotherapy

Often the pain of fibromyalgia syndrome [fms] can be partially relieved by a hot bath or shower followed by sleeping for at least one hour. This is often the most effective treatment for the headache of fms.
Be aware that a hot bath or shower can contribute to symptoms of lightheadedness so it is best to have the assistance of a family member or attendant during transfer from bath to bed.

In brief: Hydrotherapy

Dr. I. Jon Russell
Dr. I. Jon Russell
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

Conditioning exercises, reducing stress, facitating sleep, avoiding stimulants (e.
g., coffee) at night and there are physical therapy modalities - specifically laser therapy and electroprobe therapy.

Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Maya Porrino

In brief: Exercise

Pregnant or not, gentle exercise is the best treatment for fibromyalgia pain.
Look into prenatal yoga classes, or tai chi classes. Or simply take a 30 minute walk each day.

In brief: Exercise

Dr. Maya Porrino
Dr. Maya Porrino
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham