Why can't u take wellbutrin (bupropion) if u have had eating disorders or have them?

Seizure risk. It's because buproprion (wellbutrin) can lower one's 'seizure threshold, ' which means an increase risk of seizures. Eating disorders, especially bulimia nervosa are also associated with an increased risk of having a seizure stemming from loss of electrolytes and ph imbalanced due to vomiting. Taking too much buproprion can cause seizures as well. That's the reason.
Wellbutrin (bupropion) ? Weight loss is a common wellbutrin (bupropion) side effect.
Seizures. Bupropion (wellbutrin) has been associated with seizures in purging bulimic patients and its use is not recommended.