I am legally prescribed marijuana for anxiety, should I seek an alternate solution?

Dr. Shariq Refai

Yes you should try to seek a safer, more first line treatment for your anxiety.
Therapy, counseling also play a crucial role in treatment along with medications.

Dr. Shariq Refai
Dr. Shariq Refai

In brief: Use something else

There are many good medications for anxiety.
Psychiatrists and psychologists can also do "talk therapy" and behavioral modification. Smoking marijuana and/or other substance use can cause insomnia plus psychological and behavioral changes (either from the substances, the withdrawal symptoms from the substances, or both). Marijuana is not needed for treating anxiety.

In brief: Use something else

Dr. Paul Cohen
I agree with my colleagues; marijuana has no place in the treatment of anxiety(in my opinion) but cognitive/behavioral therapies do..and have been proven quite effective.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

We don't know the effects of chronic marijuana usage on neonatal development.

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Vikram Patel