My friend's daughter has idiopathic telangiectasia and now has suspected lymphoma. What is her prognosis?

Dr. Michael Thompson
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Need info

I don't know about the idiopathic telangiectasia, but the "suspected lymphoma" needs a definitive diagnosis.
If lymphoma is suspected, then a biopsy of a lymph node or bone marrow needs to be done as well as other tests. More information is needed on diagnosis and staging before talking about treatment or prognosis.

In brief: Need info

Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Michael Thompson
2 comments
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
great answer! Wishing you'all the best.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
great answer! Wishing you'all the best.
Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology

In brief: Depends

There are different types of lymphoma, and prognosis depends upon type, extent of disease above and below diaphragm, etc.
Seek help of hematologist, oncologic surgeon for workup, advice.

In brief: Depends

Dr. James Isobe
Dr. James Isobe
Dr. Adam Smith