I have had a kink im my neck for several months..Should I be concerned ?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Maybe- maybe not

A kink can be muscular, disc, joint, torticollis.
It depends on your age, x-rays, neurologic changes. Is the neck tender to touch? Does it hurt to turn one direction, or another direction. By kink do you mean the neck is stuck in one direction. Has there been an injury? Sometimes easy treatments - exercise, physical therapy, neck pillow can help a lot. At times medications maybe needed.

In brief: Maybe- maybe not

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Be seen

You may want to be seen, particularly if it has not improved over several months.
I have a lot of patients who think they "just" have a kink in their neck and when we look into it they have a pinched nerve.

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman