I had my tubes tied 16yrs ago and I want to can I get pregnant again?

David Escobar

In brief: Depends

The chances of successfully reversing a tubal ligation depend on how they were ligated ("tied") in the first place.
Ligations that use clips can sometimes be successfully reversed. However, tubal ligation is generally understood to be a form of sterilization. I recommend consulting your ob/gyn and considering alternate forms of having children (e.g., in vitro fertilization, adoption, surrogate).

In brief: Depends

David Escobar
David Escobar
Answer assisted by David Escobar, Medical Student
Pathology

In brief: Not likely

Successful operation to tie tubes is nearly 100% effective.

In brief: Not likely

Pathology

In brief: Not likely

Do you still have periods? Have you been using any other birth control over these 16 years? Successful operation to tie the tubes prevents pregnancy almost with 100% efficiency.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Jane Van Dis